To install and run AlchemyJ, your development environment must meet these minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 7 / Windows 10
Disk Space: 500 MB of available disk space (does not include disk space for Microsoft Excel / JDK / database).
Tools: AlchemyJ requires these tools to be made available in your environment.
Microsoft Excel 2016 / 2019 (64-bit)
Java JDK 1.8 (64-bit)
Internet connection: Connection to Maven Central Repository is required for downloading additional Java libraries during API generation.
If JDK for Windows is already installed, make sure you can run javac commands from the command prompt or PowerShell.
If database connectivity is needed, you have installed the following drivers:
- MySQL Community 5.5 / 5.6 / 8.0, MySQL Enterprise 5.6 / 5.7 / 8.0: MySQL ODBC 8.00.21.00 Unicode Driver
- MSSQL Standard / Enterprise 2016: SQL Server Native Client 10.0 ODBC Driver
- Oracle 12c: Oracle OLE DB
- PostgreSQL 12: PostgreSQL Unicode Driver 12.01.00.00
Update Environment Variable
AlchemyJ requires Java JDK to be set up properly. To check if JAVA_HOME is already set,
- Open the command prompt.
- Execute: set java_home
- If the output is JAVA_HOME=[path to jdk], then the path is set.
To set JAVA_HOME, do the following:
- Right-click My Computer (or This PC) and select Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- On the Advanced tab, select Environment Variables then set JAVA_HOME and point to where the JDK is located. For example, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_221