To install and run AlchemyJ, your development environment must meet these minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 7 / Windows 10
Disk Space: 500 MB of available disk space (does not include disk space for Microsoft Excel / JDK / MySQL).
Tools: AlchemyJ requires these tools to be made available in your environment.
Microsoft Excel 2016 / 2019
Java JDK 1.8
If JDK for Windows is already installed, make sure you can run javac commands from the command prompt or PowerShell.
- Oracle 12c
- MySQL Community 5.5 / 5.6 / 8.0, MySQL Enterprise 5.6 / 5.7 / 8.0
- MSSQL 2016
Update Environment Variable
AlchemyJ requires Java JDK to be set up properly. To check if JAVA_HOME is already set,
- Open the command prompt.
- Execute: set java_home
- If the output is JAVA_HOME=[path to jdk], then the path is correct.
To set JAVA_HOME, do the following:
- Right-click My Computer (or This PC) and select Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- On the Advanced tab, select Environment Variables then set JAVA_HOME and point to where the JDK is located. For example, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_221